Wine Society - The GACRU
Why was The GACru formed?
The GA Cru was formed in conjunction with the strategic plan of the Board of Directors to provide GA Chapter members with more opportunities to build relationships and network with other managers in a social setting while increasing member interest & participation within the Chapter. Members will also be able to experience other clubs and expose new managers to the benefits of CMAA membership.
How did you come up with the name?
The Committee decided on “The GACru” because it was the perfect name for what we are trying to do, which is to grow the Chapter, grow participation, and grow the value of your membership. Cru, as it pertains to wine, is a vineyard or group of vineyards, especially one of recognized quality, and is traditionally translated as “growth”. As an added bonus it sounds cool too! “Join the Cru” has a nice ring to it as well as we try to get more members involved.
Who is on The CACru?
All GA Chapter members are part of the GACru
What is the purpose / vision of The GACru?
The purpose of The GACru is to be Ambassadors of growth and sustainability for the GA Chapter of CMAA by creating social networking opportunities, which increase interest and participation amongst the membership, while continuously elevating our reputation as a national leader in club management.
What are the guiding principles for The GACru?
- Harvesting relationships through social gatherings educational in nature
- Welcoming our members as a point of contact within our chapter
- Demystifying the grape
- Building relationship of substance within in our industry
- Develop and advance the Club management profession to assist individual CMAA members, their staff, and their Clubs.
How will this benefit me as a Chapter member?
- Build relationships with new and “veteran” members throughout the chapter.
- Visit other clubs and experience service, event presentations, club standards from other clubs and be able to implement some of these great ideas at your own clubs.
- Gain more education credits during certain events
- Improve your wine knowledge
- Taste great food and wines
- Include your spouse or significant other in CMAA
- Expose other managers or employees into the career and benefits of CMAA
- Maximize your membership and interest in what CMAA has to offer to you and your club
- Showcase your own club if you dare!
Thank you to all of the Clubs that donated wine to the 2018 Wine Auction